Friday, August 28, 2009

Arthur Ashe Kids Day at Flushing Meadow Park

It's U.S. Open time in New York City and that means the entire city plays tennis or look like they have been on a tennis court for the next two weeks. But, the opening of the Grand Slam event is Arthur Ashe Kids Day helded traditionally on the Saturday (August 30, 2009) at Flushing Meadow Park in Queens, New York marks the start of the tournament. This encompasses numerous activities for children and their parents to participate in such as; the obstacle course, speed zone,"beat the pro" and my personal favorite the concert. This year's concert will feature singer, Jordin Sparks and a slew of tennis pros including Serena Williams. I remember when Arthur Ashe and his wife started this joyous day. Being tutored in tennis by the late and great Mr. Ashe was a momentous occasion in my life and I shall never forget hitting the tennis ball across the net and having a serious volleying session with Mr. Ashe. This is a very special day for me and I hope many of you attend the festivities and the tournament. I'll be there routing for my favorite players.

No comments:

Post a Comment